Other places to find legal help and information:
If you need to hire an attorney, here is a place to find a local attorney:
- Licensed Lawyer - A Lawyer Referral Service for Utah
You an find free legal information at:
- Utah Courts Self Help Center - The Self Help Center can provide free legal help to people without a lawyer.
- Free Legal Clinics - This website contains a comprehensive list of free legal clinics statewide as well as various legal aid organizations.
Need help with food, clothing, shelter, medicine or other services?
Other helpful agencies:
- Utah Legal Services - Utah Legal Services (ULS) is a nonprofit law office that provides free legal help in non-criminal cases to low-income Utahns statewide.
- Legal Aid Society - Legal Aid Society of Salt Lake is a non-profit organization that provides legal advocacy and assistance for low income families and individuals, as well as victims of domestic violence, in Salt Lake County.
- Disability Law Center - This private, non-profit organization protects and advocates for the rights of individuals with disabilities. Free services are provided statewide to individuals and families facing disability-related problems, especially in the areas of access and rights, abuse and neglect, education, community services, assistive technology, institutional care, and employment.
- Modest Means Lawyer Referral Program - This program helps Utahns with modest earnings find a lawyer offering discounted rates to match their incomes. If you qualify, you will be referred to lawyer who charges up to $50 or $75 an hour, or a corresponding flat fee.
Active-Duty Military/Veterans Legal Assistance
ABA Home Front
ABA Home Front provides legal information, resources, and a directory of legal programs for veterans, service members, and military families. Programs listed include military legal assistance offices, legal aid and pro bono organizations, lawyer referral and information services, and military-specific programs where available.
ABA Military Pro Bono Project
The ABA Military Pro Bono Project accepts case referrals from military attorneys on behalf of junior-enlisted, active-duty military personnel facing civil legal issues, and it works to place these cases with pro bono attorneys.