Other places to find legal help and information:
If you need to hire an attorney, here is a place to find a local attorney:
- Licensed Lawyer - A Lawyer Referral Service for Utah
You an find free legal information at:
- Utah Courts Self Help Center - The Self Help Center can provide free legal help to people without a lawyer.
- Free Legal Clinics - This website contains a comprehensive list of free legal clinics statewide as well as various legal aid organizations.
Need help with food, clothing, shelter, medicine or other services?
Other helpful agencies:
- Utah Legal Services - Utah Legal Services (ULS) is a nonprofit law office that provides free legal help in non-criminal cases to low-income Utahns statewide.
- Legal Aid Society - Legal Aid Society of Salt Lake is a non-profit organization that provides legal advocacy and assistance for low income families and individuals, as well as victims of domestic violence, in Salt Lake County.
- Disability Law Center - This private, non-profit organization protects and advocates for the rights of individuals with disabilities. Free services are provided statewide to individuals and families facing disability-related problems, especially in the areas of access and rights, abuse and neglect, education, community services, assistive technology, institutional care, and employment.
- Modest Means Lawyer Referral Program - This program helps Utahns with modest earnings find a lawyer offering discounted rates to match their incomes. If you qualify, you will be referred to lawyer who charges up to $50 or $75 an hour, or a corresponding flat fee.